We will make a custom annular die sets to your specifications. Choose your inner diameter (ID) and Outer diameter of your ring pellet, as well as the sleeve height and material. We will make the other parts to match.
All our annular die sets are custom as we rarely make the same OD and ID combination twice. The die set works very much like our typical pellet press dies, with the addition of a central pin which creates a ring shaped cavity. The central pin fits inside the base plate and the spacers and plunger have holes in to accommodate the central pin. During pressing there is no irect pressing of the central pin so it remains a bystander during use. At the end, the base plate is removed and we include a specially made custom ejection pin for removal of the central pin. Once removed the ring shaped pellet can be removed as with our typical sets.
With your custom annular (ring) die set order we’ll include the following:
- 1x Die sleeve
- 1x Plunger rod
- 1x Plunger extractor
- 1x Central pin
- 2x Ring shaped spacers
- 1x Base plate
- 1x Aluminium release ring with cutout for viewing pellet during release
- 1x Additional release ring for removing long central pin
The custom die set will be as per the drawings shown with the following custom dimensions:
- Inner diameter of the ring (ID) will be made to your dimension.
- Outer diameter of the ring (OD) will be made to your dimension.
- Die Sleeve outer diameter will be 30mm more than your ID.
- Die Sleeve height will be as per your dimension.
- Material type will be fixed as D2 tool steel.
Shipping your custom die set: Free shipping across USA.
Notes relating to your custom order:
- Manufacture will take approx 6 weeks + delivery. We will email you within 48 hours if we have any questions before
- If you want to add on to your design (eg: an additional plunger, adding holes for thermocouples, different OD required) please complete the form here and we will process your quote offline.
- We are unable to advise on the maximum force on your custom die set. You can find details on our standard materials and diameters on the product page for reference. We recommend doing stress test calculations on your custom design before purchasing.
- The internal parts are ground to high tolerances (+/- 0002 inch) to allow the plunger to fit and slide perfectly.
D2 tool steel (60-62 HRC) For most pellets our standard die sets will be perfect for the job. The die set is heat treated for high hardness and strength of 80,000 psi. D2 tool steel is a good all-round cold die steel, with good toughness, hardness and strength on heat treatment. It holds a great finish which will last with most common lab materials. Please note: This material cannot be heated due to the heat treatment. This steel will rust if left wet, if this happens it can easily be removed.
We can manufacture the following other custom die sets:
- Cylindrical Die Sets
- Square or Rectangular Die Sets
- Low Profile Die Sets
- Annular (Ring) shaped die sets (on this page)
- Vacuum Die Sets
- 2 part split die sets
- 3 part split (trapezoid) die sets
- "D" shaped die sets
If you need a standard die set, we hold stock of a standard sizes at great prices here.
If you need another custom item made please complete the form here.
- Always wear googles and safety protection equipment
- Clean well after use to prevent rusting.
- Do not apply pressure beyond shown on table.
- See our tips for making perfect pellets here.