Agate Professional Pestle and Mortar
Agate is a non-porous natural stone which is extremely hard (Mohs Hardness >7) and is a near perfect material for making a pestle and mortar, and compared to most lab equipment - looks great.
- Mohs hardness >7: it's quicker to grind down your powder
- Hard Wearing and easy to clean: Low contamination
Each Pestle and Mortar are cut and finely ground into shape from a single piece of stone for long lasting durability. This pestle and mortar have highly polished surfaces, making them perfect for crushing and mixing of materials as well as easy cleaning afterwards.
Agate Pestle and Mortars are what we used to mix our powders in the lab and therefore what we recommend for the lab. They are Ideal for labs which use a large variety of materials. Available in a variety of sizes to fit with needs. The diameters given and outer diameter.
Which size pestle and mortar should you get?
- 2 inch mortar variant for under 2 g powder
- 4 inch mortar for 0-5 g powder
- 6 inch mortar for larger volumes of powders