We will make a custom square / rectangular die set to your specifications. Choose your inner diameter (ID) and Outer diameter of your ring pellet, as well as the sleeve height and material. We will make the other parts to match.
All our square / rectangular die set custom as we rarely make the same OD and ID combination twice. The die set works very much like our typical pellet press dies, with the addition of a central pin which creates a ring shaped cavity. The central pin fits inside the base plate and the spacers and plunger have holes in to accommodate the central pin. During pressing there is no direct pressing of the central pin so it remains a bystander during use. At the end, the base plate is removed and we include a specially made custom ejection pin for removal of the central pin. Once removed the ring shaped pellet can be removed as with our typical sets.
With your die set order we’ll include:
- Die sleeve
- Plunger rod
- 2 x spacers
- Base plate
- Aluminium release ring with cutout for viewing pellet during release
The custom die set will be as per the drawings shown with the following custom dimensions:
- Die Sleeve inner dimensions made to your square / rectangular specifications.
- Die Sleeve outer diameter (OD) will be circular and 30mm more than the longest diagonal (LD). If you need it to have straight outside edges (square/rectangular) please contact us for a quotation here.
- Die Sleeve height will be as per your dimension.
- Material type will be as per your selection.
Please note, we will select the Outer diameter (OD)
- LD<10 mm, OD = 40 mm
- 10mm<LD<25mm, OD = 45 mm
- LD>25 mm, OD = LD+30 mm
If you need a custom OD, please complete the custom quote form here.
Notes relating to your custom order:
- Manufacture will take approx 6 weeks + delivery. We will email you within 48 hours if we have any questions before
- If you want to add on to your design (eg: an additional plunger, adding holes for thermocouples, different OD required) please complete the form hereand we will process your quote offline.
- We are unable to advise on the maximum force on your custom die set. You can find details on our standard materials and diameters on the product page for reference. We recommend doing stress test calculations on your custom design before purchasing.
- The internal parts are ground to high tolerances (+/- 0002 inch) to allow the plunger to fit and slide perfectly.
D2 tool steel (60-62 HRC) For most pellets our standard die sets will be perfect for the job. The die set is heat treated for high hardness and strength and can be used with the maximum forces on our product page. D2 tool steel is a good all-round cold die steel, with good toughness, hardness and strength on heat treatment. Therefore. tools and dies typically do not scratch, crack or chip easily. This material cannot be heated due to the heat treatment.
400 series Stainless Steel. For a die set with great corrosion resistance and with for those heating their dies up to 250°C (482°F), this is a great choice. Stainless steel is a more expensive starting material and is is slower to machine which leads to than a slightly higher costs than our regular die sets (+100%), Our stainless die sets are heat treated for high hardness (~C58) and have extremely high strength (120,000 psi).
Other Custom Products:
We can manufacture the following other custom die sets:
- Cylindrical Die Sets
- Square or Rectangular Die Sets (on this page)
- Low Profile Die Sets
- Annular (Ring) shaped die sets
- Vacuum Die Sets
- 2 part split die sets
- 3 part split (trapezoid) die sets
- "D" shaped die sets
If you need a standard die set, we hold stock of a standard sizes at great prices here.
- Always wear googles and safety protection equipment
- Clean well after use to prevent rusting.
- Do not apply pressure beyond shown on table.
- See our tips for making perfect pellets here.